Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Introducing SOFIA!!!!


We  have been very busy with the birth of our sweet baby girl Sofia Katharine Rodriguez.  She came 17 days early and we were very excited.  I went to a Dr. appointment on Monday November 28 and I was 3-4 cm dialated and 80% effaced.  I had thought I lost my mucus plug and had been having inconsistent contrctions so the dr sent me to the hospital to be evaluated for a few hours (J and I hoped she would come but were okay if she didn’t seeing as though she was super early we weren’t counting on much).  Needless to say, The nurse at the hospital sent me home because I wasn’t progressing any.  The next day I had more contractions but not consistant.  Then Wednesday November 30, 2011 I found more of the mucus plug and had contractions all morning and the night before and my back was killing me.  So I called the dr when my contractions were about 7 minutes apart but they weren’t that strong so there were times where I didn’t know whenthey began and when they ended.  So the Dr. told me to go to the hospital.  I called them back and told them it was more expensive if I went and had to go back home and if I could come to the Dr and see if there were any changes and see what they thought.  So I went and they checked me and I was at a 5 and the dr. said go on to the hospital I’m admitting you.  So J and I took our time and went out to lunch at the olive garden.  Then went back home to get giovanny’s present and a couple of last minute things we forgot.  Then we were admitted around 2:15.  They checked me again and I was 5-6 and very thin and they could feel the baby’s head so she was pretty low.  I got an epidural (eventhough I wasn’t hurting too bad) at around 4:15, and they broke my water at 7.  So in between 4:15 and 7 we watched tv and slept.  At about 7:30 they gave me Pitocin and at 8:00 I was at a 9 ½.  I was ready to push with the Dr. at 8:45.  At 8:50 our beautiful sofia was born. She was 7 lbs. 6 oz and 19 ½ inches long.  I got released on Friday the 2nd.  But on Tuesday I went to the emergency room because I couldn’t control my shivering and I had an extreme headache and felt awful.  Turns out it was a bladder infection.  I t was awful.  Otherwise things are great in our family. 

Giovanny is adapting well to have a little sister and loves and kisses her all the time.  He has regressed in his potty training and we are just very excited when he has a wet free day which doesn’t come too often.

J loves his job still and just came back from a trip to Phoenix he enjoyed being there but not being away from his family. 

I am doing well just recouperating and adjusting to taking care of 2 kids.  I can’t complain though (Except for my breasts killing me)  I know TMI but let’s keep it real people!  

0 comments:

Labels